Introducing Our Puerto Rico Translation Director
ASTA-USA Translation Services, Inc. is thrilled to introduce Lourdes Rodriguez, our Translation Director for Puerto Rico and International Operations. She is highly-skilled, bringing well-rounded experience and intelligence to the position. Lourdes is not only a key business presence; she is also a bilingual translator registered with the American Translators Association. Her knowledge and experience with Spanish translation, combined with her business background, makes her the ideal choice for this position.
Getting to Know Lourdes
What’s your background and how did it lead you to ASTA-USA?
- I was born and raised in Newark, New Jersey. My parents moved around a lot when I was growing up, so I was able to go to school in Puerto Rico during grammar school and junior high school. I hated so much change at the time, but in retrospect, it enriched both my bilingual capabilities and my entire personality. It has made me adaptable to change and expanded my love of language. English and reading were always my favorite subjects in school in New Jersey and to be able to learn and enjoy another language at the same level was thrilling. It’s what led me to be a translator and editor in both languages. It definitely has opened doors, one of which was the door to ASTA-USA.
What are the perks and challenges of working in the professional document translation services industry?
- The biggest perk for me is having the opportunity to talk to people that come from all over the world and be exposed to their languages and to a bit of their culture. Anything that expands my knowledge of languages is always a perk! The only challenge is that there aren’t enough hours in the day to enjoy all the opportunity.
In your experience, what’s the best way to build a relationship with customers?
- Communication; clear and concise. It may sound cliché, but it is definitely key. Also, making them feel understood and comfortable with our ability to deliver, being cordial and having good follow up skills is vital to establishing a healthy working relationship with our clients.
What makes this position rewarding for you?
- This position combines my administrative, translation and editing skill sets with my passion for language, diversity and communication. In my very extensive career, that’s never happened before and it’s wonderful.
As a professional, why do you think human translation services are better than technology-driven ones?
- Language has many nuances that technology-driven translation services cannot possibly address or translate. They are too literal and don’t always convey the intended message.
What made you choose ASTA-USA when deciding to work for a document translation services company?
- ASTA-USA’s proven ability to deliver quality translations with the upmost professionalism is what made me want to be part of this company.
How do you think your background working for various industries will help you in this position?
- I’ve certainly made a side career of working with folks from many different backgrounds, professional and otherwise. I’m a firm believer that that experience can only be positive and helpful in every arena. I feel it’s what has brought me to this moment, to this position.
Puerto Rico Translation Services Free Quote
Lourdes is a great example of the quality of our staff. We employ only the best and brightest translation directors and translators in the industry. We handle documents in any industry and language. When you contact us for a free quote, you will receive personalized service from one of our translation directors. They will listen to your project needs and assemble the perfect team of translators for you. At ASTA-USA you’re treated like top priority because you are. Contact us today and let us help your company succeed.